At Fluresh, we create thoughtfully curated, expertly cultivated and uniquely designed cannabis products tailored to support each person’s dynamic needs. Fluresh has two state-of-the-art integrated operations in Adrian and Grand Rapids, Michigan, to grow, harvest, process, provision and package the highest quality medical and adult use cannabis products.
Reporting to the Director of Cultivation, the Cultivation Manager for our Adrian, Michigan facility will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing cultivation, fertigation, and IPM activities as well as directing a team of Cultivation Supervisors and their staff. The facility currently has 60,000 sq. ft. of canopy in high-tech greenhouses and will be growing to 150,000 sq ft. This hands-on position will be responsible for daily operations in cultivation including processes and procedures within propagation, vegetation, and flowering phases to produce a consistently high-quality final product. The Cultivation Manager will lead and manage the team, ensuring that the Company is in full compliance with all state and local regulations, production needs are met, and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved. He/she will establish and analyze reports on current practices, adjusting workflow, procedures, and/or product usage to increase yields, efficiency, projected yield and performance, and over profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the General Manager and VP of Cultivation & Extraction to establish production goals and ensure that they are met.
- Implement and adhere to cultivation schedules by consulting vegetative plant inventories daily to ensure that sufficient numbers of healthy plants are being prepared for the flower process.
- Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules developed by operations leadership.
- Ensure the needs of the plants are being met regarding illumination, irrigation, nutrients, pruning and plant maintenance, and pest and disease control.
- Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation, including but not limited to; transplanting, pruning, defoliating, watering and feeding, and harvesting.
- Manage plant germination and propagation through cloning efforts.
- Schedule harvest of plants based on cultivation schedule and plant maturation.
- Oversee the harvesting, drying, and curing of medical marijuana.
- Ensure that product leaving the facility does so in a manner compliant with all relevant regulations and meets all standards established by the state of Michigan.
- Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately.
- Develop and update SOPs for cultivation and post-harvest processes, enforcing strict adherence throughout the facility.
- Develop informational tools to monitor production and all factors that influence production on a batch-by-batch basis, as well as a room-by-room basis.
- Develop and implement nutritional regimens and IPM systems.
- Perform regular quality assurance checks of plants and post-harvest plant materials.
- Update SOPs for identifying and addressing plant-specific issues, environmental issues and climate control, and coordinating the harvesting of plants.
- Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest.
- Facilitate and oversee inspections, whether initiated internally or through a governing entity, using inventory and compliance audits.
- Conduct investigations when necessary if inventory does not match production and transfer records, or if standard operating procedures (SOPs) for cultivation and post-harvest processes are not followed.
- Monitor stock of cultivation and post-harvest supplies and equipment, and work with the METRC, Inventory, and Purchasing Manager to order replacement supplies and equipment when necessary.
- Prepare and present reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Create reports summarizing harvest yields and the conditions that affect yield in a positive or negative way.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory through analysis of inventory reports.
- Assist with preparation of operating budgets as required.
- Oversee tracking compliance in METRC for plants and harvested materials.
- Ensure the facility is maintained in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
- Monitor all environmental systems in the grow facility in Grand Rapids.
- Maintain functionality of equipment and facility, making minor repairs as needed and spearheading larger repairs and equipment replacement.
- Supervise and coordinate Cultivation Technicians and Packaging Technicians, ensuring proper scheduling of staff with adequate coverage to address cultivation needs.
- Manage the performance of cultivation, post-harvest, and packaging employees and technicians, conducting regular employee performance evaluations on an annual basis.
- Coordinate harvest times ensuring harvests are adequately staffed.
- Track and report the efficiency of cultivation, post-harvest, and packaging staff, developing and implementing methods to improve efficiency when possible.
- Perform employee trainings for Cultivation Technicians at the time of on-boarding and anytime that a procedure is adjusted or implemented.
- Recommend adjustments in team structure to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required and Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, or Biology strongly preferred.
- 3+ years experience as a cultivator in a large-scale cannabis, horticultural, or agricultural operation – 75,000 sq. ft. or more is required.
- In-depth knowledge of plant strains, plant structure, and plant health.
- Knowledge of uses and benefits of cannabinoids is a plus.
- Knowledge of METRC and compliance regulations is a plus.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience directing and monitoring the performance of teams of employees.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
- Assistant Cultivation Manager, Cultivation Supervisors, and Cultivation Technicians
- Quality Control
- Inventory Control
- Supply Chain Management
It’s our privilege at Fluresh to do what we love, and we take our mission to deliver the highest-quality cannabis products seriously. We believe in being incredible partners to everyone around us. This requires:
- Follow-through and responsiveness
- Team player
- Good listener and learner
- Can-do, positive attitude
- A strong sense of personal responsibility
|Job Category||Cultivation, Extraction & Processing|