Cultivation Technician—Grand Rapids, Michigan Fluresh LLC
At Fluresh, we create thoughtfully curated, expertly cultivated and uniquely designed cannabis products tailored to support each person’s dynamic needs. Fluresh has two state-of-the-art integrated operations in Adrian and Grand Rapids, Michigan, to grow, harvest, process, provision and package the highest quality medical and adult use cannabis products.
Cultivation Technicians report to department supervisors and are responsible for the care of medical marijuana plants during the immature, vegetative, and flowering stages. Cultivation Technicians will execute operations pertaining to plant care such as cloning, pruning, transplanting, up-potting, watering, feeding, ensuring environmental control, and inspecting plants for signs of deficiency or infestation, as well as labeling and tracking plants using METRC tags.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement cultivation practices as indicated by supervisors and
- Maintain the health of immature, vegetative and flowering plants through observation and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure accuracy of plant inventory, including strain names, plant tag numbers, and counts of
- Perform plant maintenance, feedings and irrigation events, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) according to a set schedule and SOP, as determined by the Head of
- Ensure the grow facility is kept free of pests, viruses, or other diseases by preventing contamination through proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and biological controls established within the cultivation SOPs.
- Regularly sanitize tools, equipment, pots and production areas used in the grow facility to ensure sanitary
- Abide by high personal hygiene
- Apply pesticides in a safe and effective manner, wearing appropriate PPE, and after ample training and instruction from the Head of Cultivation.
- Check and record accurate data daily, including but not limited to: pesticide applications, issues found when scouting plants, and any other items required by management.
- Observe and immediately address issues with plants, equipment, or
- Break down and set up plant production areas after harvest, including: sweep all work areas, sanitize crop benches, wash down rooms, and prepare to transplant new
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with regard to plant health and traceability, in order to
uphold the company’s standard for quality.
- Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems.
- Maintain organization and sanitary conditions within the grow
- Assist with post-harvest duties as
- Other duties as
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Must comply with state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to pass a background check required.
- Must be 21 years of age or
- 1-3 years of experience in horticulture, agriculture, and/or marijuana cultivation
- Energetic team player, willing to take direction and learn new
- Basic strain and plant structure knowledge
- Knowledge of uses and benefits of cannabinoids
- Two years of Caregiver experience
- A combination of the above shall also be good
- Long periods of prolonged standing and
- Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a
- Ability to observe and assess material that deviates from established company
- Some crouching or holding uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time; repetitive
- Requires bending and lifting up to 70
- Similar to a busy manufacturing facility or
- Occasional exposure to loud trim machines (ear protection provided) and extremely bright lights (eye protection provided).
- Occasional weekend or extended hours may be necessary during certain phases of plant
- Constant interaction with
Fluresh is an EEO employer. Job Type: Full-time Benefits:
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance Schedule:
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday Experience:
- production/manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- greenhouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- cannabis cultivation: 1 year (Preferred) Education:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
|Job Category||Cultivation, Extraction & Processing|