Facilities Director — Grand Rapids, Michigan
This position is responsible for the oversight of Grand Rapids and Adrian Maintenance departments, managing relationships with vendors, and the smooth operation of Fluresh’s systems and equipment. Responsibilities include oversite, directing the maintenance department managers, and implementing and maintaining a PM schedule.
At Fluresh, we create thoughtfully curated, expertly cultivated and uniquely designed cannabis products tailored to support each person’s dynamic needs. Fluresh has two state-of-the-art integrated operations in Adrian and Grand Rapids, Michigan, to grow, harvest, process, provision and package the highest quality medical and adult use cannabis products.
The Facilities Director a is responsible for the effective operation of Fluresh’s equipment, systems, and management of the Adrian and Grand Rapids Maintenance departments. The position is based out of Grand Rapids, MI and will require frequent travel to the Fluresh facility located in Adrian, MI. Additional responsibilities include compliance with established environmental and fertigation procedures, building and managing of vendor relationships, and the development of new procedures, controls, inspections, and schedules.
The Facilities Director will report to the Vice President of Cultivation and Extraction and will work with the facility managers to set and implement PM goals, ensure smooth operation of equipment, and help resolve equipment and systems related work stoppages. He/she will direct the work of the GR and AD Maintenance Managers, ensuring timely completion of work orders specifically relating to Grow Controlled and Fertigation Systems and manage communication with related vendors. He/she will manage and report on all key operational processes, financial budget, and performance indicators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the design and construction of facilities as set by the SVP of Cultivation, Strategy & Facilities
- Direct the planning and maintenance of the facilities, grounds, and key systems including PM Schedules
- Develop budgets and long-range plans based on company growth
- Oversee function of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire, plumbing, waste management, custodial
- Oversee and direct the GR and AD Maintenance Managers to ensure smooth communication, timely completion of deliverables, and proper implementation of recommended repairs from Vendors
- Ensure facilities comply with all local zoning laws, rules, and regulations
- Manage relationships with external contractors and vendors, directing and overseeing schedules and recommended PM.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, building trades, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive facility maintenance management experience
- Leadership experience managing a team and directing managers
- Operational and strategic planning experience
- Cannabis experience is a strong plus
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Effective project management and time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; the ability to predict and/or identify and resolve problems and issues in partnership with other department leaders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
- 30-40% travel to Adrian, MI
- Hotel and travel expenses will be paid by the employee and reimbursed through the company
- Maintenance Managers and Team
- VP, Cultivation and Extraction
- Maintenance Managers
It’s our privilege at Fluresh to do what we love, and we take our mission to deliver the highest-quality cannabis products seriously. We believe in being incredible partners to everyone around us. This requires:
- Follow-through and responsiveness
- Team player
- Good listener and learner
- Can-do, positive attitude
- A strong sense of personal responsibility
|Job Category||HR, Administration, Security|