Facilities Maintenance Manager – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fluresh is a premium, vertically integrated cannabis company obsessed with quality and wellness. We believe that each individual connection between a customer and cannabis is unique, dynamic and matchless. Our goal is to provide the Michigan marketplace with a growing portfolio of high-quality, branded cannabis products that are safe, reliable and trustworthy by combining our customer-first focus with deep industry knowledge and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager for our Grand Rapids, Michigan location is responsible for ensuring facility and equipment are functioning at full capacity and maximum effectiveness. This will be achieved through ongoing maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of all equipment and company assets while maintaining a safe work environment with a focus on multiple HVAC systems. The incumbent shall oversee the general operating maintenance, service, and repair of the interior and exterior of the facility, in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, and direct the maintenance for the facility and equipment specific to the operation.
- Oversee the repair, maintenance, and continuous operation of all building systems.
- Supervise and coordinate Maintenance Technicians, ensuring proper scheduling of staff with adequate coverage to address equipment and facility needs.
- Working with the Facilities Director, assist in the development and execution of a preventative maintenance plan.
- Identify risks and schedule repairs in the areas of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC.
- Work with a continuous improvement mindset to enhance operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively with facilities team.
- Create an atmosphere of teamwork; ensure appropriate expertise and resources are in place to meet requirements and address employee issues in an effective manner.
- Coordinate all work requests, preventive maintenance, and reactive repair maintenance activities; oversee other building staff and contractors.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations; and maintain up-to-date building documentation and certifications.
- Maintain all required administrative records including, but not limited to, logbooks, work records, maintenance records, contractor visits, keys issued, etc.
- Maintain efficiency and safety of all equipment, monitoring the daily operation and consult with team to determine future needs.
- Manage and maintain vendor and contractor relationships to ensure facilities department goals are met.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4 to 6 years of Facilities Maintenance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5S and Lean process improvement experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Flexibility, with a strong work ethic in order to meet challenging demands
- A combination of the above shall also be considered
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Extensive walking, squatting, reaching, twisting, bending, standing
- Carrying up to 50 pounds
- Working on wet and/or slippery surfaces
- Maintenance Technicians
- Custodial Staff
It’s our privilege at Fluresh to do what we love, and we take our mission to deliver the highest-quality cannabis products seriously. We believe in being incredible partners to everyone around us. This requires:
- Follow-through and responsiveness
- Team player
- Good listener and learner
- Can-do, positive attitude
- A strong sense of personal responsibility
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||HR, Administration, Security|