Post-Harvest Technician – Grand Rapids, Michigan
At Fluresh, we create thoughtfully curated, expertly cultivated and uniquely designed cannabis products tailored to support each person’s dynamic needs. Fluresh has two state-of-the-art integrated operations in Adrian and Grand Rapids, Michigan, to grow, harvest, process, provision and package the highest quality medical and adult use cannabis products.
The Post-Harvest Technician for our Grand Rapids, Michigan facility will be responsible for working to complete post-harvest activities in an indoor grow facility. Additionally, the incumbent shall be responsible for activities related to harvesting, trimming, and any other handling of cannabis. The role requires strong teamwork orientation.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- While working in a team, keep harvest area organized in order to facilitate production goals.
- Ensure efficient post-harvest processes including bucking, trimming and other activities are executed.
- Collect all related non-resinous components to be weighed and recorded as aggregated waste per the associated harvest batch, after all plants designated to that specific harvest batch are harvested.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized harvest area to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure trimming properly accounts for all related plant components, including; trimmed leaf, trimmed flower, and stems, and waste.
- Ensure accuracy and traceability of trimming data by carefully collecting all plant material into its designated container with the associated METRC plant tag, after each plant is trimmed.
- Perform weighing of plants or plant material during trimming and harvesting, as indicated by the SOP.
- Immediately report any issues or deviations from quality standards to the Post-Harvest Supervisor during all post-harvest processes.
- Ensure adherence to safety by wearing required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to prevent contamination and abide by personal hygiene standards.
- Working in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Post-Harvest Supervisor.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma required.
- 1-3 years experience in cannabis production.
- Knowledge of plant strains, plant structure, and plant health.
- Knowledge of uses and benefits of cannabinoids.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- A combination of the above shall also be considered.
- Long periods of prolonged standing and sitting.
- Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity.
- Some crouching or holding uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time; repetitive motions.
- Requires bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment:
- Similar to a busy manufacturing facility or warehouse.
- Occasional exposure to loud machines (ear protection provided) and extremely bright lights (eye protection provided).
- Occasional weekend or extended hours may be necessary during certain phases of plant production.
- Constant interaction with colleagues.
- Quality Control
- Inventory Control
- Supply Chain Management
It’s our privilege at Fluresh to do what we love, and we take our mission to deliver the highest-quality cannabis products seriously. We believe in being incredible partners to everyone around us. This requires:
- Follow-through and responsiveness
- Team player
- Good listener and learner
- Can-do, positive attitude
- A strong sense of personal responsibility