The Retail Inventory Supervisor reports to the Provisioning Center Manager and is responsible for managing the Provisioning Center’s inventory including staff supervision, customer service, and vendor relationships. The position is a key leadership function for the company and is a critical component of the organization’s success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a Key Carrier and opens and closes the store as needed.
- Assists the General Manager in sourcing, selection of products to be offered, and procurement activities.
- Works with General Manager and Inventory Control team to receive products from vendors and complete inventory processes in compliance with local and state regulations. This includes verifying the accuracy of deliveries, inspecting packages, and submitting manifests to the inventory tracking system, etc.
- Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments, and stock levels
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments, and product levels to improve inventory control procedures
- Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages
- Communicate with inventory employees to meet business goals and address personnel issues
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Works with the General Manager to recruit and train additional staff and to provide opportunities for continued staff development.
- Supervises employees to ensure performance outcomes and goals are achieved.
- Facilitates team building and reinforces collaborative communication among staff.
- Demonstrates professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and a positive demeanor in the performance of all duties.
- Supports the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired organizational behaviors.
- Interacts with company leadership, colleagues, and subordinates to advance organizational mission and performance.
- Delivers a superior level of customer service, both in person and on the phone; coaches Fluresh Cannabis Advisors (Budtenders) on the commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ensures the safety and satisfaction of all customers and team members.
- Maintains the safety and security of all customers and team members.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and welcoming environment inside and outside the facility; has a high attention to detail and regularly reviews facility needs and communicates them to the appropriate parties.
Marketing and Planning
- Capable of understanding sales data and other analytics, with the aim of supporting the General Manager with pricing and the design of weekly special offers.
- Stays apprised of all cannabis industry-specific legislation, actions, and enforcement.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in a cannabis dispensary preferred
- 3-5 years experience in retail or hospitality management and a track record of increasing responsibility and success in managing a staff
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with retail POS systems and credit card processing terminals; ability to troubleshoot technical issues and coordinate with IT support to correct them
- Accuracy in cash management and inventory control
- Outstanding phone, email, and in-person customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to plan effectively, think critically, problem solve without direction, and prioritize with focus and attention to detail
- Success in working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to stay even-keeled in periods of stress
|Job Category||Dispensaries (Provisioning Centers)|