Second Shift Post-Harvest Supervisor — Adrian, Michigan
Fluresh is a modern wellness company dedicated to empowering patients to confidently improve their well-being through cannabis. Our goal is to provide the Michigan marketplace with a growing portfolio of high-quality, branded cannabis products that are safe, reliable and trustworthy. Fluresh has two state-of-the-art integrated operations in Adrian and Grand Rapids, Michigan, to grow, harvest, process, provision and package the highest quality premium medical cannabis product to allow patients to make the right choice with trust, dependability, consistency and care.
The Second Shift Operations Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager and supports the business developing, implementing and managing all harvest, post-harvest, and operations activities at Fluresh Adrian facility. This hands-on position will be involved in all daily operations in operations including processes and procedures within harvest, post-harvest, and other operational areas. He/she will help oversee a team of Technicians, helping ensure that production needs are met, that the Company is in full compliance with all State and local regulations, and that any procedural problems are addressed and resolved.
The Operations Supervisor will support the Operations Manager in following the harvest and operations schedule aimed at utilizing the full potential of the facility to produce a consistently high-quality final product and to ensure that the needs of our plants are being met at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Adhere to harvest/post-harvest schedules
- Work with the Operations Manager to enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules developed by the Senior Cultivation Manager
- Oversee and direct the work of the Second Shift team and operations
- Oversee proper techniques related to harvest and post-harvest, including but not limited to: harvesting, trimming, washing, sanitizing, drying/curing, and coco-busting
- Help ensure that product is compliant with all relevant regulations and meets all standards established by the state of Michigan
- Help ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately
- Reinforce strict adherence to SOPs for cultivation and post-harvest processes throughout the facility
- Perform regular quality assurance checks of plants and post-harvest plant materials
- Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest
- Monitor stock of cultivation, post-harvest, and packaging supplies and equipment.
- Aid the Cultivation Manager in creating reports that summarize harvest yields and highlight conditions that affect yield in a positive or negative way
- Help ensure accuracy of inventory through analysis of inventory reports
- Track compliance in METRC for plants
- Ensure the facility is maintained in a clean and orderly manner at all times
- Monitor all environmental systems in the Adrian grow facility
- Help maintain functionality of equipment and the facility
- Help supervise and coordinate Cultivation Technicians, ensuring proper scheduling of staff with adequate coverage to address cultivation needs
- Track and report the efficiency of cultivation, developing and implementing methods to improve efficiency when possible
- Recommend adjustments in team structure to improve efficiency and profitability
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Conducts training.
- Implements and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Time card management.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or other relevant field preferred
- 2+ years experience as a cultivator in a large-scale operation
- In-depth knowledge of plant strains, plant structure, and plant health
- Experience with state-of-the-art environmental controls and IPM systems
- Knowledge of uses and benefits of cannabinoids
- Knowledge of relevant regulations
- Experience with state of the art plant nutrition and IPM systems
- Experience directing and monitoring the performance of teams of employees
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately
- Computer skills: e-mail, Word documents
Supervisory Responsibilities, with Cultivation Manager:
- Cultivation Technicians
- Quality Control
- Inventory Control
|Job Category||Cultivation, Extraction & Processing, HR, Administration, Security|